Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Thing About Poems

Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder

What is beauty?
Does it mean pretty?
Do not bother to think,
for beauty is not everything.

Beauty lies in the eye of beholder,
just like a folder.
The most important documents are inside,
the unimportant cover, on the outside.

Why does the ugliest creature you feel,
end up married happily ever after?
Why does the beautiful angel,
end up single and lonely forever?

Define beauty innerly,
as beauty is just skin-deep,
shallow people just judge them this way,
aren't them just as good as creeps?

Do not worry, my friends,
no matter how imperfect you think you are,
It is nothing more than a self prank,
because someone out there will accept you,
for who you are, not what you are.

Me, when I was 14 years old

--

Another poem that I've totally forgotten about. And I suppose this one doesn't need any explanations huh?

Can't believe this was actually read to the whole school for some poem writing competition. Although I didn't get to hear them read it out as I was busy with some student councillor work.

I looked something like this. Neat and proper.

Okay, what's so surprising about me being a student councillor? I was a great kid back in secondary school days. Class chairman? Check. Neatly gelled hair? Check. Tight pants? Check. High socks? Check. Enthusiastic about the welfare of the student body? Check. Stupid stuck-up moron? Check too.


At least until the end of Secondary Two, that is. It's true when they say "Life only begins once you start wearing the long pants."

Right. I made that up. But I kinda became "notorious" after I donned the long pants and became an "upper secondary" student. Enough about that, let's talk about poems.

I always liked poems, primarily cause it never ceases to amaze me how an avalanche of emotions can be felt despite being compressed into a few short paragraphs. And sometimes, it even rhymes.

I've written quite a few poems; mostly love poems because you can be ridiculously mushy with them and get away with it. I wish I can show how sappy I can get but I just can't seem to find any of them nor remember how I wrote them. (Mental note: keep a soft copy of any future poems so that you can recycle them for future girlfriends)


Just kidding of course. Although it's actually quite cool to create a template and insert in whatever the girl name is accordingly. I'll be damned if I really take that route in the future.

And hey, this may sound a little emo, but what's the point if I can't find a girl to write a poem for? Right?

No comments: