Thursday, August 06, 2009

E-mail or Ewww-mail? How it all Began.

You know what is the toughest thing about blogging? Or rather trying to keep a blog going? It's finding things, interesting things, to talk about regularly. As you know, I've been working quite a lot lately and the most exciting thing that can happen in Transcab is when there are complaints and lost reports. And I just received a call from an old man complaining about something in Hokkien. He wanted to talk, I didn't want to listen, and thus he's currently still talking "with me" while I'm typing this. ;)

So there isn't any exciting events lately nor do I feel emo right now, so I guess the only option is to pen down my thoughts which, by the way, are getting increasingly random. And the idea of today's topic came to me when I was inputting my as-long-as-my-brother-down-there email address into hotmail.com. Yes, it's about email addresses.


Throughout my relatively boring 20 years of being on this planet, minus a few years learning how to walk, run and fly, a few more years watching Power Doo and Scooby Rangers, I've had quite a few email addresses. 5 and a half to be exact. (I'll explain what "and a half" means)

So I guess I was around 10 or so, when I got my first email address.

junrenfigo@hotmail.com

Ta-da! Not bad for the first one I would say. I have seen a lot more crappier ones in my life I swear. In fact, some people I know are using emails now that are worst than what I created when I was 10. (I'll leave that for the later posts)

This email address has history man. I spent decades trying to think of something that is cool, awesome, has-my-name-in-it-so-that-people-know-it's-me and one that shows my love for soccer. So I took my name, and the last name of a famous footballer, Luis Figo and combined them into one. And the response to my virgin email address was phenomenal.


"Wow, that is pretty cool man JR!" was the reaction I got from the guys, and "I'm so gonna add you in MSN!" was from the girls which sad to say, I didn't pay attention much to because all I wanted then was to train my Pikachu to level 99.


And so my "cool" email address followed me to secondary school.

You know, I wasn't that much of a popular guy among the girls in secondary school because I like to make fun of them. And one fine day I made fun of the wrong one and thus had to change my email address.

There was this girl in my class and her name is Cheryl. Very nice person when not angered and demonic when angered. And her email address is cheryl_supernass@hotmail.com.

You see, this email address belongs to the select group of email addresses that needs to be read out in alphabets instead of the words itself. Because what I interpreted then, at the age of 13-14, was cheryl_SUPERBIGASS@hotmail.com. Not to help is the fact she really did have one big ass then.

Damn I hope she doesn't come across this blog of mine

And so, I went around telling my pals about what I discovered and I made fun of her with that whenever I see her. It didn't take her long to come up with the perfect response.

junrenFEIGOU@hotmail.com... junren废狗@hotmail.com

From a dashing Luis Figo,


To a god damn 废狗,


From total coolness to an utter pile of crap. In case you don't know what fei gou means, it means useless dog in chinese. (I think) So with that, I had chants of "junrenFEIGOU, junrenFEIGOU, junrenFEIGOU" greeting me whenever I see her and her girl gang.

It had to be stopped. And thus, the email address needed to be changed.

--

In case you're wondering what the hell is nass, it's Ngee Ann Secondary School. Duh.

And oh my god, she is still using the same email address.