Saturday, August 22, 2009

E-mail or Ewww-mail? The Redemption of Althalus

I figured I should continue what I started, albeit leaving out lost4eva_wanderer@hotmail.com and i_am_sorry_for_all_that_i_have_done@hotmail.com because the stories behind them aren't exactly what I would like to remember. Yeah I know I know, the email addresses sure sound cheesy.


It has always been a hassle whenever there are forms that required me to fill up my email address. Especially one as long as i_am_sorry_for_all_that_i_have_done@hotmai.com. Heck, even typing it out is tough. I always thought underscore was cool, but I guess I shouldn't have abused it that way. So I grew smart one day and decided that I needed to shorten my email.

the_redemption_of_althalus@hotmail.com


Skeptics may say it's not much shorter but if you view it in terms of the underscores used, I've reduced it by more than 50%. Yeah whatever but hey it's way much cooler now. Which explains why I'm still using it.

You know your email address is cool stuff when you have plenty of people asking you how the hell you came up with this address or what does the redemption of althalus means. And it surprises me that throughout my 5 years and counting of using this email address, only 1 person knew how I came across "the redemption of althalus."

Yeah, my nerdy senior from Student Council.

As brilliant as I can be sometimes, I didn't create the redemption of althalus. David and Leigh Eddings did.

Err yeah, there you go. It's just the title of the first storybook I've bought.

One that was too cheem for me to comprehend at the age of 12 perhaps? Judging from how yellow the pages of the book have become. 12 sounds about right.

With that, I can finally start blogging about my views on email addresses that are special or just plain funny. crybaby? kitty lover?


I can't wait to begin.

No comments: