Monday, August 10, 2009

National Day

I'm supposed to be asleep right now and according to my schedule, I'm 2 hours behind time and probably more after I finish this entry. Yes, I'm trying to cultivate a healthy habit by sleeping before the clock strikes 2 am. As usual, I'll tell myself that I'll start tomorrow.. and tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow.. and you get my drift.

Today Yesterday, was National Day. This sounds un-patriotic but damn, I don't feel anything about it anymore. While lovey dovey couples are snuggling with each other over at Marina Barrage while waiting for the fireworks, and parents instructing their children to say the Pledge together with them at exactly 8.22pm, I'm doing my nation proud by ensuring there are taxis for everybody.


Yes, I've been working like a loser yesterday while everybody is high five-ing each other for remembering how to say the Pledge. Yeah, big deal. Would you forgo $56 bucks just to see how exaggerating some people's faces can get when they are turned on by some fighter jets?

Whoa! Look at that plane!

Well, at least that's how I felt initally. It's only till I saw the highlights of this year's NDP on teevee that I realised what I've been missing. It surprises me really, when you see everybody taking the Pledge together, looking stern and actually understanding what they are pledging about, it gives me goosebumps. Makes me feel like saying it out loud too and gyrate my booty to the tune of the National Anthem.


So, together you and me, let's hope Letty returns to Singapore permanently before Singapore turns like say 50 years old?


Majulah Singapura!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! AH REN YOU SSOOO SWWEET!! GOT LOVE PLS! ((:

YOU ARE BEING MISSED LA!

IDIOT! ((:

LOVES,
LETTY

jun ren said...

LOL. So come back asap k.