Friday, July 31, 2009

Is routine boring?

Somehow, I just feel a little uneasy not to blog when I'm at work. I've got no idea why but I kinda find it easier in the office to express my thoughts into words, into an untitled document in Notepad and finally copied and pasted into my blog. Of course I can only do it at such working hours when I'm all alone and there isn't much calls.


I called my manager today and apparently she needs me to stand in for the midnight shift for one or two more week. Half of me wants to say yes and another half wants to run. I know I've been whining alot about working the midnight shift and that it's unbearable like hell etc, but I'm getting used to it. And it's comforting if I have a routine.


You know, I've always been a guy who doesn't like to admit that he values stability, hates changes and likes living a life on a routine and habits. I know it's nothing to be ashamed of but you know those romance shows and novels, they like to portray attractive guys as those who's a breath of fresh air, mysterious, spontaneous and keeps people on their toes all the time. And then there's these losers who gets jilted for being boring and living a routined lifestyle in which the girls feel they are "trapped".

Okay, but I don't really know how routined (i hope there's such a word) or "habitual" I am. It's not like I must wake up at exactly 10.37am everyday and get into bed at 11.42pm. Or that I must brush my teeth from top left to bottom right all the time. Or that I must be online everyday at 9pm so that I can complete some jobs and rob some people in Mafia Wars, catch some mouse in Mouse Hunt and play Typing Maniac and hope I defeat Yuan Zheng's score.


No, it's not so bad. It's just that I can eat the same food over and over again. Just so you know, I've been eating the Bandito, whipped potato and Pepsi-change-to-Mountain Dew (KFC) for dinner for the past five days and counting. And I haven't include the same cup noodle (Korean La Bai Chai) and Pink Dolphin (Peach Flavour ONLY) that I must drink when I'm working. Not to mention I must shit with something to read or play or else I'll bleed when I shit. (just kidding)

But I like routine. I like it when I know that I'll play soccer every Tuesday and Saturday, meet up with the gang every weekend when the NS slaves book out, work every Sunday and watch the new One Piece anime episode on Monday. And I hate it when something has to change or be cancelled.

Maybe it's really boring to other people. But at least I'm "boringly" happy. Rights.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not to mention I must shit with something to read or play or else I'll bleed when I shit.

i laughed out loud. HAHHA

qian.

jun ren said...

Woot. My first comment is a positive one. thanks! lol