Tuesday, September 06, 2005

topsy turvy

I had a major scare yesterday. Is it just me that whenever i lose things, i'll lose the thing that's most valuable on me. Or whatever that's not mine, that's shared in the family.

My mp3 went missing.(My dad loves to listen to the radio in the mp3, and my sis do bring it out sometimes) For rich people out there, it's not something worth worrying over i suppose. "Buy a new one la" they'll say in unison. But sadly, i'm not rich. I can't afford to lose things... that valuable.

After lan gaming, we headed out to get some fresh air, and eventually to get some dinner. Being me, i only look for things whenever i want to use it, and not look for it just for the sake of making sure it is there. (yeah thats why i tend to lose things ya?)

Anyways, i realised my mp3 was missing. Not in my pocket, my bag, everywhere! For the first time ever, my emotions had a 180 degree spin so fast. From a happy dude, waiting to get some high quality char kuay teow, to a small boy, when he realised his papa mama is missing.

I didnt bother to think where on Earth i left it. I just thought of the consequences immdiately. For its my 2nd time losing valuables while gaming, I can hardly fathom how my dad's gonna holler at me.

I realised i'm actually quite a pessimist. I actually planned how to get a new mp3 in time, instead of figuring out where i misplaced it. After all, what if someone picked it up? Finders keepers.

Thankfully, i have pals who are encouraging. They made me calm down, and think clearly.(To calm down at such a situation is no mean feat) When was the last time i used my mp3? Was it in the cab? Or at woo yang's house?

For the first time ever, woo yang suddenly had wings, turned fair and had the looks of an awesome angel. He was my only hope. My saviour that could lift me from hell to heaven. And yes he is. For his maid found my mp3 lying still on his couch.

I screamed for joy. Seriously. It's like virtually picking up 200 bucks on the floor. And another 180 degree spin of emotions again. Back to the happy dude again. One that's relieved that is.

At least material possesion, after losing it, there's still hope you'll find it. That's simply not the same for love. You lose it, that's it. Lost forever.

No comments: